- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Sep 11, 2012
- [+] More Details
A review of HotKeyz by Felix Cheng
Hotkeyz is a handy utility to create hot keys for faster access to the applications you use most often.
It has a handy chart / list layout which you can use to perform hotkey combinations, select keys to activate each program (combining Alt, Control, Shift and Win with any keyboard key), and select the mode you want run the program (minimized, maximized or normal).
Very comprehensive, practical and clear. One of its few flaws might not have an option to run automatically at startup, but with some know-how, adding it via msconfig should be pretty easy.HotKeyz features and highlights:
- HotKeyz is a portable application
- Disable the standard windows hotkeys like Win+R and re-assign other hotkeys and commands to them
- Execute multiple commands with one hotkey
- Execute shortcuts, files and open folders with keystroke launching
- Calendar for quickly viewing dates instead of double clicking on tray time
- Categorize all your hotkeys
- HotKeyz assigns icons to every hotkey
- Paste text into any windows edit box
- Paste the Date, Time or Internet Time with / without additional text into any edit box
- Change the case of the selected text
- Launch program files, folders, documents, pictures, MP3's or play lists
- Launch your web browser and surf to a site
- Start a DOS window in a specified directory
- Launch all windows in a Normal, Minimized, Maximized or Hidden state
- Toggle confirmation to execute specified hotkeys
- Execute Delay By time (HH:MM:SS)
- Close, kill, minimize, maximize, restore, HIDE, set to stay on top or not the active windows on your desktop
HotKeyz is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from windows shell software without restrictions. HotKeyz 220.127.116.11 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This Shortcut control software is filed under:
- HotKeyz Download
- Freeware Windows Shell Software
- Software Reviews
- Major release: HotKeyz 2.8
Compatibility with this Shortcut control software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of HotKeyz may be available from Skynergy.
We have tested HotKeyz 18.104.22.168 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]